Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Rant

What has happened to everyone? I have been looking at my Facebook. I do not understand what is going on with people anymore. One of my "friends" has posted professional pictures of herself and her daughter. Normally this would not be an issue, but she is wearing next to nothing in a lot of these photos. I wonder what her little girl is learning from these photo sessions. She is teaching her vanity. She is teaching her that the only way to be accepted is to follow the girls in magazines. Why would someone want to to teach such things to her daughter? She isn't teaching her to be her own woman; she is teaching her to be the woman that the stereotypical man wants.

A day or so ago I noticed that another of my "friends" had updated her status to say something like "Billy Mays too! The world is coming to an end!" What the hell? People die everyday, and now just because a few famous people have died during the same week, it must be the end of the world. I do not understand. People are dying needlessly in Iran; people are dying needlessly all over the world. People are suffering all over the world, but Billy Mays death now signals the beginning of the end times?

Earlier tonight while I was waiting on my daughter to arrive, I spoke with my new neighbors. I have just moved into an apartment. I'd promised their daughter that I would show her my place once I got everything together. I brought her in. She was very excited to see everything. Then, I offered to read her a book. She became very excited. Children crave attention, and while some parents may think that the television will suffice; it will not. I am not trying to judge others' parenting skills, but I am determined to go above and beyond for my child. I do not comprehend how anyone can do otherwise.

Questions I have been pondering:
What does it mean to have a "green" theme on LiveJournal?
What are the $1.00 bags for sell at Wal-Mart made of?
Why has everyone forgotten that Michael Jackson is a child molester?
Why are there so many ingredients with names that I cannot pronounce in my soap/shampoo/hair products/make-up? Furthermore, why cannot not pronounce nor give definition to most of the ingredients in popular foods?

Lastly, I am angry with myself. I am having trouble controlling my emotions. I read all of these things. I witness wastefulness. I look back on my own wastefulness. I have to be able to control my anger and my other emotions. I have to know when to give my opinion and when to not give my opinion.

It is upsetting to me that the alternative lifestyle is the natural lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment