Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Things are beginning to move more quickly. The semester is completely underway; often I feel as though there is no possible way for me to keep up, but I somehow pull through, finishing all of my reading and other random assignments.

As noted in previous blogs, my Faulkner class is keeping me on my toes. I love Billy (as he was called by his family) and his way with words. Dr. T will often read a sentence in class then say "You could be alone in the middle of the desert, pick this up, and say 'That's Faulkner.'" And, it is true; there is no mistaking his prose. My other novel class, British Fiction, is a bit daunting. I am having trouble staying in-tune with these novels. Right now, we are reading Tom Jones, and it isn't a horrible novel, but it is a bit pretentious, and that is a quality which I do not have much patience for at the moment, if ever.

I must fill out grad. school applications,read, work on my scholarly paper for said applications, read, apply for jobs, read, do my free-lance work, read, save money, etc.

Things are certainly speeding up. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment