Thursday, March 12, 2009

love/hate - a list: part 1

LOVE
1. Nora - my daughter. I don't plan to go on and on about my child and her adorable ways, but it is a lie for me to not put her in the number one spot. She is always on my mind.
2. The Giver is a phenomenal children's novel by Lois Lowry. I've read it more than once; it touches me in a different way with each read. It is powerful stuff.
3. Watchmen - I think that the movie is outstanding. It is different from the comic. It does have a few low points for the die-hard comic fan, but over all it is amazing. Jackie Earl Haley (Rorschach) gave the best on screen performance that I have ever seen. Visually it looked almost exactly like the comic. Silk Spectre wasn't too great. I knew from the start that she would only be a sex symbol. I was correct.
4. Navy - I, for one, am very happy that navy is a "hot color" again, if for no other reason that I can find clothing that color. I will keep it going long after the trend has disappeared. I also want the world to know that I started the owl trend.
5. Green Kitchen - This is a craft blog that I read. It is wonderful. www.greenkitchen.com/blog/

HATE
1. Snow in March - Here in crazy weather Arkansas it is snowing. I am on spring break, but there is no sign of spring. March sucks. It is the insane weather month. I am ready for April to bring its showers, and I am more than looking forward to May's sunshine and warmth. Come on summer.
2. Know-it-alls - That is right, I hate people who seem to know it all. Just because something happened to you does not mean that it will happen to me. (I am taking this to heart myself.)
3. Twitter - Nice idea for a way of communication. Keep it simple. Keep it real.
4. Laundry - Can someone come over and do it for me?
5. Dry skin - Does anyone have a good solution? This is a shout out. Please help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment