Monday, March 22, 2010

secrets

I've been feeling quite overwhelmed. School is increasing it's pace, and although this semester is much simpler that the subsequent ones, I fear that my natural tendency to procrastinate is only getting worse because of the lack of difficulty. The bright side of my procrastination is that I've read 2 1/2 novels, and various bits of philosophy and myths since school began. I mean, that I've read that outside of the required reading. I almost don't know what to do with myself as far as reading is concerned. It's really quite thrilling.

I've been meeting and getting to know a few new people lately. For that I am grateful. It's really amazing what you discover about yourself through conversations with others. Besides meeting new people, I've also been lucky in that I'm truly beginning to realize just what it means to love. It's really wonderful, and I feel like I am receiving privileged information. In many ways, I am. It's like I have this secret that only a handful of people have truly been privy to, and I am reveling in it.

My child has done her fair share of teaching me lately as well. I've learned how precious and fragile life truly is, and though I thought it'd be many years before I ever considered having a child, that little love child of mine, she is amazing. I can't begin to explain the intricacies of life that I've learned from being a parent. It isn't always joyful, but it is always rewarding. Here again, I know I'm privy to some secret that everyone doesn't fully hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment