Sunday, July 26, 2009

I've recently been conducting a small, not so random, survey about beliefs. I asked people vague questions about their beliefs in general. The questions were something like this: "Name/Age," "What do you believe?", "How did you come to this conclusion/why do you believe what you believe?", and "Are these beliefs deeply personal?"

I received some quick and honest replies. I sent this email to about 40 people, and I've received possibly twelve responses. And, a few of the responses were quite lackluster, to be honest. I had planned to compile the answers into some sort of essay about the type of people a girl who has grown up in rural Arkansas comes into contact with, but I've not gotten enough responses to compile anything.

I suppose I am just trying to figure out how I have reached this point. How did I get to this stage in my questioning of life and religion. How is it that I have turned out this way? ...We may never know.

However, I am not about to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment